TeleGeography Logo

4iG completes Vodafone Hungary takeover

1 Feb 2023

Hungarian telecoms and IT group 4iG, in partnership with the Hungarian State, completed its acquisition of quadruple-play telecoms operator Vodafone Hungary on 31 January 2023, upon payment of the HUF660 billion (USD1.83 billion) purchase price to UK-based Vodafone Group. Under the sale and purchase agreement signed on 8 January, 4iG acquired 51% of Hungary’s second largest telecoms group via its subsidiary Antenna Hungaria, with the Hungarian State taking the other 49% via investment vehicle Corvinus. 4iG – which already controls another prominent Hungarian fixed/mobile/pay-TV network operator DIGI alongside other telecoms divisions including Invitech – announced that the merger with Vodafone ‘will open a new era in Hungarian telecommunications’. It added: ‘Customers will not be affected by the change of ownership. Vodafone services will continue to be available to both residential and business customers in the same form.’

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.