Croatia has begun its multi-band spectrum auction which is offering frequencies in the 800MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 2100MHz, 2.6GHz and 3.5GHz bands. The sale will take place in two stages, the first including national licences in all bands except 3.5GHz, with this followed by a separate auction of regional 3.5GHz concessions.
The country’s three incumbent cellcos – Hrvatski Telekom (HT), A1 and Telemach – are all pre-qualified to bid in the first stage, while local ISPs Digicom and Markoja have come forward to participate in the 3.5GHz sale.
The national licences on offer and the starting price per 2×5MHz block are:
• 791MHz-821MHz/832MHz-862MHz (EUR7 million [USD7.6 million])
• 880MHz-915MHz/925MHz-960MHz (EUR7 million)
• 1710MHz-1785MHz/1805MHz-1880MHz (EUR2 million)
• 1920MHz-1980MHz/2110MHz-2170MHz (EUR2 million)
• 2500MHz-2570MHz/2620MHz-2690MHz (EUR700,000)
The total starting price of all bidding blocks for national coverage is EUR154.8 million. Licences will be valid for 15 years, with an optional five-year extension.