Telefonica Deutschland completes transfer of 4,100 mobile sites to Telxius

4 Aug 2021

Telefonica Deutschland has completed the full transfer of the ownership of the second and final tranche of its mobile sites to Telxius, comprising of 4,062 rooftop sites and 18 tower sites. On 8 June 2020 Telefonica Deutschland announced a comprehensive agreement with Telxius on the spin-off and sale of the operations of its passive infrastructure on around 10,100 mobile sites in two tranches for a total purchase price of EUR1.5 billion (USD1.8 billion). As agreed, the total purchase price of EUR604 million for the sites will be paid in two instalments, 85% of the purchase price in H2 2021 and the remaining 15% in Q3 2025.

Germany, Telefonica Deutschland Holding, Telxius