IBC applies for revised licence following ownership change

21 Jan 2019

Israel Broadband Company (IBC), which offers wholesale broadband infrastructure services under the ‘Unlimited’ banner, has reportedly applied to the Ministry of Communications (MoC) for a new, revised operating licence. According to Globes Online the concession application has been made following a change in IBC’s ownership, with the report noting that IBC is now 70%-owned by Cellcom and the Israel Infrastructure Fund, with the remaining 30% held by Israel Electric Corporation. While the revised licence is already understood to have been approved by the authorities, the wholesale broadband operator is reportedly required to formally submit an application for it. The process is expected to be completed within two to three months.

Israel, Cellcom, Israel Broadband Company (IBC), Israel Electric Corporation (IEC)