TeleGeography Logo

Helios Towers acquires SA Towers

21 Jan 2019

Helios Towers South Africa (HTSA), in which Helios Towers holds a 66% stake and black-owned Vulatel the remaining 34%, has acquired a controlling stake in SA Towers for an undisclosed sum. The company said in a press release: ‘SA Towers has built strong relationships with all the mobile network operators in the South African market and established a team of professionals that worked diligently to build a pipeline of potential tower sites on more than 500 urban locations across the country, ready to be built or in the process of being permitted.’ HTSA will fund and support the rollout and expansion of the network of permitted locations. HTSA plans to invest ZAR1.4 billion (USD100 million) in infrastructure in South Africa over the next three to four years.

South Africa, Helios Towers

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.