Liberty completes Cabletica acquisition

2 Oct 2018

Liberty Latin America (LLA) has completed its purchase of an 80% stake in Cabletica, Costa Rica’s third-largest broadband provider by subscribers, which had an enterprise value of around CRC146 billion (USD248 million). The remaining 20% is to be retained by Televisora de Costa Rica (Teletica). LLA President and CEO Balan Nair commented on the takeover: ‘We are thrilled to have completed our first acquisition of LLA and look forward to leveraging our capabilities and investing in Cabletica to enhance the leading products and services currently being delivered to customers Costa Rica.’ As previously reported by CommsUpdate, the deal was agreed in February this year and given regulatory clearance in June.

Costa Rica, Cabletica, Liberty Latin America (LLA)