Vodafone plans to list on Ghana Stock Exchange

27 Jun 2018

Vodafone Ghana has announced that it plans to list on the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) after it deals with some debt restructuring issues with the government, reports My Joy Online. Vodafone Ghana CEO Yolanda Cuba explained that in order for the company to list on the GSE it must move away from negative equity, as that is one of the requirements for listing in Ghana. Cuba added that progress is being made with regards to reducing debt within Vodafone Ghana: ‘So we’ve made progress and I’m grateful for the progress that we’ve made … worst case scenario on the restructuring if I have my way it would be done by the end of this year and then the only thing that we would be dealing with is the negative equity and then when the shareholders decide when they want to do it.’

The government currently has a 30% stake in the company, with the remaining 70% owned by Vodafone Group.

Ghana, Vodafone Ghana