ER-Telecom closes deal for Volgograd operator Columbia Telecom

27 Nov 2017

Russian major broadband provider ER-Telecom has closed the deal to acquire 100% of Volgograd operator Columbia Telecom, including 54.34% of shares purchased from Wintergate Holdings and the other 45.66% bought from an individual shareholder, for an undisclosed price, reports TDaily. The transaction will double ER’s local market share of corporate broadband clients in Volgograd to more than 40%, the report added. The newly acquired company has operated under the Columbia Telecom and NextOne brands since 2001, providing local telephony services in Volgograd, as well as access to intra-zone, long-distance and international telephony, broadband access, IPTV and other services, and reportedly serves 39,000 retail customers and more than 2,000 corporate clients.

Russia, ER-Telecom (Dom.ru)