TeleGeography Logo

MTS Belarus lights 4G in five more cities/towns

3 Nov 2017

Mobile operator MTS Belarus is continuing its aggressive 4G LTE rollout programme, announcing that another five cities and towns have been added to its service footprint. The new areas served are Slonim and Svisloch (both Grodno region), Gorki and Krugloe (Mogilev region) and the town of Borovaya in Minsk region. The company’s 4G service, which is hosted by infrastructure partner Belarusian Cloud Technologies (beCloud), is now available in well over 80 towns and cities across the country. Last month, MTS Belarus – 51%-owned by state-owned Intercity Communications, with Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) of Russia owning the remainder (49%) – added 15 new base stations in the capital, Minsk, as well as: Vaukavysk, Ostrovets, Smorgon, Korelichi, Mostah, Bolshaya Berestovitsa and Schuchin (all Grodno region); Borisov, Derzhinsk, Smolevichi, Borovlyany, Stolbtsy, Kolyadichi, Lesnoy, Vileika, Gatovo, Zhodino, Zabolotye, Nesvizh, Svietly Sliach, Sloboda, Slutsk, Hatezhino, Kopyl and Kletsk (Minsk region), and Beshenkovichi, Glubokoe, Dokshitsy, Tolochin, Miory, Rossony, Senno, Ushachi, Shumilino, Chashniki, Dubrovno (Vitebsk) to its 4G footprint.

MTS Belarus is using more than 200 beCloud base stations in the capital and more than 700 across the country, it says. Work will continue, meanwhile, with a view to switching on 4G services in further cities and towns by the end of the year.

Belarus, MTS Belarus

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.

TeleGeography

TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.