TeleGeography Logo

MTS Belarus extends 4G in ten cities and towns

27 Oct 2017

MTS Belarus, 51%-owned by state-owned Intercity Communications, with Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) of Russia owning the remainder (49%), has announced that ten more cities and towns in the country are now covered by its 4G signal. Following the latest upgrade works, people living in Vaukavysk, Ostrovets, Smorgon, Korelichi, Mostah, Bolshaya Berestovitsa and Schuchin (all Grodno region), Kopyl and Kletsk (Minsk region), and Dubrovno (Vitebsk) are able to access MTS’s LTE services – which are hosted by the country’s 4G infrastructure provider Belarusian Cloud Technologies (beCloud). The latest push takes the total number of towns/cities covered by MTS’ 4G services to about 80.

Belarus, MTS Belarus

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.

TeleGeography

TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.