TeleGeography Logo

O2 Czech Republic first-quarter revenues up 2.1% to USD373m

3 May 2017

Fixed and mobile operator O2 Czech Republic, majority-owned by Czech billionaire Petr Kellner’s PPF Group, posted consolidated revenues of CZK9.22 billion (USD373.62 million) in Q1 2017, up 2.1% year-on-year as EBITDA increased by 1.2% to CZK2.53 billion and net profit climbed 3.4% to CZK1.29 billion. The group noted that its domestic mobile business generated CZK4.77 billion in sales (up 3.0%) in the period under review, while Czech fixed line revenue totalled CZK3.76 billion (down 2.6%) and turnover from its Slovakian business contributed a further CZK1.73 billion (+6.8%).

O2 CR’s domestic mobile customer base closed out March 2017 with a total of 4.92 million, up 0.7% from 4.89 million at 1Q16, of which 68.5% are on monthly contracts (+1.5 percentage points). Monthly blended ARPU improved to CZK288 from CZK284, despite a 2.2% y-o-y fall in PAYG ARPU to CZK111 per month. Churn was broadly stable at 1.7%. Meanwhile, the group’s Slovak mobile business closed out Q1 with a total of 1.89 million mobile subscribers, up 3.9% y-o-y, driven by a 9.4% rise in contract users to 1.09 million, which offset a 2.7% fall in pre-paid users to 801,000.

Turning to fixed line operation, O2 CR reported a total of 677,000 fixed voice telephony lines at end-March, down 15.7% from 803,000 a year earlier, while xDSL lines declined 3.3% to 764,000 (including 514,000 VDSL lines), and pay-TV connections rose 5.0% to 222,000.

Czech Republic, Slovakia, O2 Czech Republic (incl. CETIN), O2 Slovakia

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.

TeleGeography

TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.