TeleGeography Logo

Tunisie Telecom gets the green light for GO

24 May 2016

Tunisie Telecom (TT) has been selected as the preferred bidder by the Maltese telco GO, which was put up for sale last year. The Tunisian firm beat the only rival bidder – Batelco of Bahrain – with an offer of EUR2.87 (USD3.25) per share for GO’s entire issued share capital, according to a report from the Times of Malta. GO is 60% owned by Emirates International Telecommunications (EIT), which is itself part of the Dubai Holdings Group, while the remaining 40% is distributed, with shares listed on the Malta and London stock exchanges. GO and TT already share an ownership link, as EIT is a 35% shareholder in the Tunisian operator, with the other 65% in state hands.

Malta, Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco), GO, Tunisie Telecom (TT)

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.