One.Vip to rebrand as Vip from 11 May

5 May 2016

Following the merger of Macedonian cable operator Blizoo and its sister company One.Vip – which was itself established after Telekom Slovenije’s subsidiary ONE and Telekom Austria’s domestic unit Vip Operator agreed to combine their operations in October 2015 – on 11 May the newly enlarged company will unify its brands (ONE, Vip, blizoo and BoomTV) under a single moniker, Vip. The announcement marks the completion of Telekom Austria’s convergence strategy in Macedonia.

As previously reported by TeleGeography’s CommsUpdate, Skopje-based ISP Blizoo was acquired by Telekom Austria Group in June 2014, and its merger with One.Vip was completed earlier this week. Telekom Austria holds a 55% stake in One.Vip and has sole control of the newly created entity, while Telekom Slovenije owns the remaining 45%.

North Macedonia, A1 Macedonia (formerly Vip), Blizoo (Macedonia), ONE (incl. on.net and Cosmofon)