75% stake in dormant cellco to be auctioned on 5 June

4 Jun 2015

A 75% stake in state-owned 3G licensee Kyrgyz Mobile Company is set to be auctioned on 5 June 2015, according to local news site Tazabek, with the remaining 25% staying under government control. If successful, the stake sale is expected to lead to the long-awaited privatisation of the would-be operator, which was established in 2011 and subsequently allocated with GSM and UMTS frequencies but has never launched commercially.

As previously reported by TeleGeography’s CommsUpdate, in March 2015 Kyrgyzstan’s State Property Management Fund (Fugue) announced that it had received an application for acquisition of the 75% stake from Istanbul-based Cer Grup Petrol Sanayi Ve Tic Limited Sirketi (Traction Group Oil Industry and Trade Company Ltd). The company was authorised to participate in the bidding process, while offers from other eligible applicants were still welcomed.

Kyrgyzstan, Kyrgyz Mobile Company