Wind, Abertis close to EUR800m tower deal

6 Feb 2015

Wind Telecomunicazioni (Wind Italy) is in exclusive talks to sell its mobile towers to Spain’s Abertis Infraestructuras, Reuters reports, citing a number of sources close to the matter. The two parties are believed to be in exclusive week-long talks, and a deal is expected to be signed soon after the talks expire. Under a draft deal that has been valued at an estimated EUR800 million (USD911.2 million), Abertis is set to buy 90% of a new company, to which more than 7,000 towers will be transferred. Wind owner Vimpelcom will retain the remaining 10% of the new business.

As previously reported by TeleGeography’s CommsUpdate, the Barcelona-based company, whose main business is toll-road management, broadened its horizons in January 2014 when it closed the acquisition of 1,741 mobile towers from Telefonica Espana (Movistar) and Yoigo for a total of EUR171 million.

Italy, WINDTRE (incl. Wind and 3 Italia)