Ziggo delisting complete

23 Dec 2014

Following the merger deal between Dutch cablecos Ziggo and UPC Netherlands, the listing and trading of Ziggo shares on Euronext Amsterdam has been terminated as of 22 December, converting the firm from a public limited company to a private limited company. According to TeleGeography’s GlobalComms Database, at 30 September 2014 Ziggo held 28.9% of the broadband subscriber market whilst Liberty Global subsidiary UPC Netherlands claimed 16.1%. Combined, the companies control 45% of subscribers to knock Dutch incumbent KPN off the top spot – at the same date the latter had 42.4% of the market.

Netherlands, KPN, Liberty Global (incl. LGI), VodafoneZiggo