TeleGeography Logo

Asseco Group offloads its stake in Slovakia’s Slovanet

3 Jul 2014

Asseco Central Europe, a unit of global IT firm Asseco Group, has offloaded its entire 51% stake in the Slovakian fixed broadband and telephony operator Slovanet. The shares have been snapped up by Snet, a firm which comprises Slovanet’s management and which already controls the remaining 49% of Slovanet. The purchase price was EUR11 million (USD15 million). According to TeleGeography’s GlobalComms Database, at the end of March 2014 Slovanet delivered services to over 40,000 broadband internet subscribers over fibre, cable, corporate leased line, fixed-wireless networks and a small number of resold ADSL lines belonging to the incumbent Slovak Telekom.

Slovakia, Slovanet

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.