YSH increases investment in Digicel’s Myanmar division

28 May 2014

Yoma Strategic Holdings (YSH) has announced that its 80% owned subsidiary YSH Finance has increased its stake in Myanmar’s Digicel Asian Holdings from 8% to 25%, making the firm an associated company of Yoma. The Business Times writes that YSH Finance subscribed to an additional 420,000 new shares for USD427,333. The remaining 75% stake is held by pan-Caribbean operator Digicel Group. Digicel Asian Holdings missed out on winning either of the telecoms licences awarded in Myanmar last year, but has retained a presence in the country, rolling out wireless infrastructure which it will lease to the nation’s cellcos.

Myanmar, Digicel Group