TeleGeography Logo

RomTelecom, Cosmote to be rebranded as T-Home, T-Mobile in September

7 May 2014

The long-rumoured rebranding of fixed line operator RomTelecom and its wireless sister company Cosmote Romania is likely to take place on 12 September this year, according to an unconfirmed report by business daily Ziarul Financiar. The switchover was believed to have been rubber-stamped at an extraordinary general meeting held by Greek parent company OTE on 30 April. As a result, the two companies will start using the T-Home and T-Mobile brands, respectively.

According to TeleGeography’s GlobalComms Database, Cosmote Romania is owned by Greek incumbent OTE (70%), with the remaining 30% held by RomTelecom. Meanwhile, RomTelecom is itself owned by OTE (54.01%) and the Romanian state (45.99%). Deutsche Telekom is OTE’s largest shareholder, with a 40% interest.

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.