Telkomsel eyes regional expansion

18 Feb 2014

The Indonesian mobile operator Telkomsel has announced that it intends to open more international offices as it looks for new investment opportunities overseas. The firm, which is currently the sixth largest domestic mobile operator in the world, is looking to open new offices in Asia and the Middle East. Cellular News quotes Telkomsel’s sales director, Mas’ud Khamid, as saying: ‘The plan is next month we would open new offices in Taiwan and Macau, and later this year in Australia and Saudi Arabia.’ Telkomsel is 65%-owned by Indonesia’s government-backed national fixed line operator Telkom, with the remaining 35% held by SingTel of Singapore.

Indonesia, Telkomsel (Telekomunikasi Selular)