Viettel remains coy on launch date

17 Dec 2013

Vietnamese-backed telco Viettel Peru has still not scheduled a date for launching commercial operations in the Andean nation, TeleSemana quotes general director Hoang Quoc Quyen as saying. The company revealed last month that it had deployed 70% of its infrastructure, with the remaining 30% to be rolled out before the end of the year, and was expecting to go on to activate its network in early 2014. An official announcement with a more specific launch date will not be issued until construction is complete however, the official told the Peruvian press. According to Quyen, Viettel is already providing internet access to 2,000 schools of a total 4,500 prescribed by its concession agreements.

Peru, Bitel (Viettel Peru)