TeleGeography Logo

Solorz-Zak to tie up Polsat and Polkomtel

15 Nov 2013

Polish media group Cyfrowy Polsat has agreed to purchase wireless operator Polkomtel in a PLN5.15 billion (USD1.65 billion) all-share deal, Bloomberg writes. Cyfrowy Polsat will issue 243.9 million shares at PLN21.12 each to acquire an 84% stake in Cyprus-based Metelem Holding Company and may also offer a further 47.3 million shares to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, which controls the remaining 16%, if the bank decides to take part in the deal. Both Cyfrowy Polsat and Metelem are controlled by Polish billionaire Zygmunt Solorz-Zak. The deal is expected to be completed in Q2 2014, with plans to refinance Polkomtel’s debt by 2016.

Poland, Plus (Polkomtel, incl. Aero2), Polsat Plus Group

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.