Altice to acquire Tricom

5 Nov 2013

Altice Caribbean, a subsidiary of Luxembourg-based private equity firm Altice Group, has signed an agreement to acquire Dominican integrated telecoms services provider Tricom from its current owner Hispaniola Telecom, a company controlled by Amzak Capital Management and Inversiones Bahia. Under the terms set out by the deal, Altice will acquire 88% of Tricom, while Hispaniola Telecom will retain the remaining 12% stake. Altice plans to use Tricom’s quadruple-play platform to continue its TV and broadband development plans and expand Tricom’s mobile services. The deal is subject to regulatory approval from Dominican telecoms watchdog Instituto Dominicano de las Telecomunicaciones (Indotel).

Altice CEO Dexter Goei commented: ‘The acquisition of Tricom is an important step in the implementation of our growth strategy of identifying attractive opportunities in markets where we can create value. Altice is already present in the region with Outremer Telecom and Le Cable which offer quadruple-play services in French overseas territories. The combination of these assets will allow us to create sustainable growth and further optimise the efficiency of our international telecoms infrastructure.’

Dominican Republic, Altice Europe (formerly Altice Group), Dominican Telecommunications Institute (Indotel), Tricom