Regulator warms to Eircom’s latest interconnection rate cut

19 Dec 2011

Ireland’s national telecoms regulator the Commission for Communications Regulation, or ComReg as it is also known, issued a press release last Friday welcoming Eircom’s announcement to cut interconnection rates relating to its Reference Interconnect Offer (RIO) price list for the period from 1 July 2012. ComReg notes that the update will reduce call origination and call termination interconnection rates by an average of 5% from 1 July 2012. The watchdog adds that, given the past reductions of 15% since early 2010, this further reduction will give a total average saving of 20% on call origination and call termination rates over the past two years.