SFR ownership rumours continue

14 Mar 2011

Citing sources close to the deal, the Financial Times reports that Vivendi is unwilling to pay much more than USD9.6 billion to buy out Vodafone’s stake in SFR. Currently Vivendi owns 56% of SFR, with Vodafone owning the remaining 44%, although the French media giant is believed to have had ambitions to secure sole ownership in the telco for a number of years. Some analysts believe a deal could be worth between USD9.7 billion and USD11 billion.

France, SFR, Vivendi, Vodafone Group