The French telecoms regulator Arcep has extended existing mobile termination rates (MTRs) for metropolitan France from 1 January 2011 to 30 June 2011, and laid out new MTR rates for overseas territories and regions covering 2011 and 2012. Under the new regime, the maximum termination rates for Orange and SFR will remain at EUR0.03 until 30 June 2011, while Bouygues Telecom’s rate will stay at EUR0.034. Meanwhile, overseas caps for 2011 and 2012 in the following regions have been set as follows:
• SRR and Orange Caraibe – capped at EUR0.04 (2011) and EUR0.025 for 2012
• Orange Reunion – capped at EUR0.045 and EUR0.028
• Digicel – capped at EUR0.04 and EUR0.025
• Dauphin Telecom and UTS Caraibes – capped at EUR0.08 and EUR0.05; and
• Outremer Telecom – capped at EUR0.055 in 2011 and EUR0.028 in 2012.
The watchdog went on to say it will set tariffs to be applied until the end of 2013 at a later date, based on a cost model currently under review for mainland France and to be reviewed in 2011 for DOM regions.