TeleGeography Logo

Mobitel seals network expansion deal with Huawei

22 Mar 2010

Cambodian mobile network operator CamGSM, which provides services under the Mobitel brand, has signed a deal with China’s Huawei Technologies to expand the cellco’s wireless coverage. ‘The negotiations have been held for years,’ an unnamed senior executive at CamGSM told Reuters, adding that the value of the agreement is USD200 million. According to TeleGeography’s GlobalComms Database, CamGSM is Cambodia’s largest mobile operator by subscribers, with a total wireless customer base of 2.32 million at the end of 2009. The company is wholly owned by Royal Group of Cambodia, after Luxembourg’s Millicom International Cellular (MIC) agreed to sell its 58.4% stake in CamGSM to the local group, which already held the remaining 41.6%.

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.