TeleGeography Logo

OnePhone launches services for SMEs

17 Nov 2009

OnePhone Deutschland, a joint venture between Dutch telecoms provider KPN and Swedish operator OnePhone, has launched services aimed at SMEs in Germany, Dow Jones Newswires reports. Mark Mauermann, chief executive of OnePhone Deutschland, explained that the company uses femtocells to deploy small mobile networks within its customers’ buildings making conventional telecoms systems obsolete. While travelling, OnePhone subscribers can use the network of KPN’s German wireless unit E-Plus. Under the terms of a contract signed at the beginning of 2009, Comarch delivered its BSS/OSS platform to enable billing, rating and charging, pre-sales and sales support for the company. The Swedish firm already provides the service in its domestic market, with plans to launch the offering in the Netherlands and Belgium. Mauermann added that OnePhone Deutschland is targeting a double digit percentage market share in Germany’s business customers’ segment and aims its services at enterprises with a minimum of 30-50 employees up to a maximum of 1,000-1,500. OnePhone Deutschland is based in Erkrath, near Dusseldorf, and is 60% owned by OnePhone Holding, while KPN Mobile International holds the remaining 40%.

Germany, OnePhone Deutschland

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.