TeleGeography Logo

Sotelco signs deal with Huawei

10 Dec 2008

Vimpelcom subsidiary Sotelco has inked a deal with Huawei for a nationwide GSM network to be deployed over the next five years. No financial details have been disclosed. According to TeleGeography’s GlobalComms database, in July 2008 Vimpelcom acquired a 90% stake in Sotelco from Altimo for USD28 million. A local entrepreneur holds the remaining 10%. Vimpelcom has a call option to acquire the outstanding 10% stake.

Cambodia, Huawei Technologies, Sotelco (Beeline)

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.