Turkey preparing for telco sale

12 Mar 2008

The Turkish government is likely to float a 15% stake in national wireline operator Turk Telekom by 10 May 2008, according to press reports. The government is thought to have applied to the Capital Markets Board to proceed with an initial public offer in the national telco, according to ‘reliable sources’ cited on the website Reporternet.com. Turk Telekom is currently 45% owned by the state, with the remaining 55% held by the Dubai-based telecoms investment firm Saudi Oger.

Turkey, Turk Telekom