VoIP subscribers almost triple in 2006

2 Apr 2007

Dutch market research group Telecompaper has revealed that the number of VoIP subscribers in the country reached nearly 1.8 million at the end of 2006, up from 655,000 twelve months previously. KPN added more than half a million users while cable companies added more than 400,000. ‘The market share of digital telephony services on the Dutch consumer market approached 30%, leaving still 70% for the traditional PSTN and ISDN services,’ the research firm said in a statement. Meanwhile, growth in mobile-only households slowed in 2006, amounting to almost 18% of households at the end of the year.

Netherlands, KPN