Turk Telecom predicts sales rise

7 Feb 2007

Turkey’s largest wireline operator Turk Telecom has said it expects revenues to rise this year following a slight decrease in 2006. Lower tariffs led to a decline in sales from TRY7.4 billion (USD5.2 billion) in 2005 to TRY7.25 billion last year. The firm says sales are expected to rebound in 2007, although it did not give exact figures. Turk Telekom is 55% owned by Oger Telecom of Saudi Arabia, with the remaining 45% still state-owned.

Turkey, Turk Telekom