Belgacom to bid for Voxmobile?

31 Jan 2007

Belgian telecoms group Belgacom is to make an offer for Luxembourg-based wireless operator LuXcommunications, which offers services under the Voxmobile banner, according to a report in Belgian daily De Tijd citing several sources in the sector. The cellco recently asked investment bank Compagnie Financiere Rothschild to investigate strategic options; it currently has approximately 15% of the Luxembourg mobile market, principally business customers. LuXcommunications is currently owned by Audiolux and BGL Investment Partners (75%), with the remaining 25% held by management.

Luxembourg, Orange Luxembourg, Proximus