TeleGeography Logo

Nawras achieves half a million subscribers

13 Dec 2006

Oman’s second cellco Nawras, which launched GSM services in March 2005, has reached the total of 500,000 subscribers, doubling its customer base during 2006. Nawras now has around 30% of the mobile market in Oman, with incumbent Oman Mobile Telecommunications Company (OMTC) having the other 70%. Penetration is thought to be around 60%, and with around half of the population under the age of 15, potential for growth is significant.

Oman, Ooredoo Oman

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.