Maroc Télécom to launch Mobisud mobile venture in France

30 Nov 2006

Vivendi’s 51%-owned Moroccan subsidiary Maroc Télécom has revealed it is launching a new mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) in France, called Mobisud, on 1 December 2006, aiming the service at people of North African origin who regularly make calls to Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia. Other shareholders in Mobisud include Saham (18%) and French network operator SFR (16%), whose GSM infrastructure it will use. Vivendi also has a 56% stake in SFR, while UK-based Vodafone Group holds the remaining 44%.

France, Maroc Telecom (IAM), SFR, Vodafone Group