Combined revenue up by 40.2%

28 Nov 2006

Moldova’s two cellcos, Voxtel and Moldcell, have earned combined revenues of MDL1.34 billion (USD105.6 million) for the first nine months of 2006, a year-on-year increase of 40.2%, according to the regulator, the National Agency for Telecommunications and Information Regulation. Voxtel’s share was 69.7% with Moldcell taking the other 30.3%, with monthly ARPUs at MDL143 and MDL100 respectively. The launch of CDMA services by Moldtelecom, which was licensed in June 2006, is expected by the end of the year, and a third nationwide GSM licence is to be auctioned soon. The closing date for bids is 20 December 2006.