TeleGeography Logo

Vimpelcom to launch Georgian mobile service early next year

4 Sep 2006

Russian mobile operator Vimpelcom plans to launch commercial operations in Georgia in the first quarter of 2007, Alexander Izosimov, the company’s General Director, told a press conference on Friday. In June Vimpelcom acquired 51% of Georgian mobile start-up Mobitel for USD12.6 million with an option for the remaining 49%.

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.

TeleGeography

TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.