Mobi 063 to gain licence prior to privatisation

4 May 2006

Mobi 063, the wireless operator formerly known as Mobtel, will be awarded a licence by the Serbian telecoms regulator prior to the company being sold off to investors. According to plans, the Serb government’s 70% stake in the company will be sold to a strategic investor; Rothschild et cie have been retained as advisers. The owners of the remaining 30% of the company, a group of Austrian private investors, will also shed their stakes if the sale price exceeds USD1.4 billion. There is a minimum tender price of USD1 billion, of which 20% will be for the operating licence.

Serbia, Telenor Serbia