Viettel to be privatised

7 Mar 2006

According to news agency AFP, military-owned telco Viettel will be partially privatised sometime in the near future, with the government having recently approved a privatisation plan put forward by the telco. Under the proposal the military will keep 51% of the company with the remaining 49% to be put up for sale. Viettel claimed around 2.3 million users at the end of 2005.

Vietnam, Viettel Telecom