TeleGeography Logo

Babcock & Brown ups eircom stake

22 Feb 2006

Australian investment fund Babcock & Brown Capital yesterday increased its directly held stake in Irish incumbent eircom to 16.3% after buying shares worth EUR341.5 million (USD407 million) at an average price of EUR1.96 per share. In addition, Babcock & Brown’s banking parent now owns 1.7% of the telco, giving the Aussie group a combined shareholding of 18%, up from 12.5%. eircom is currently considering a preliminary approach from the Australian firm, which could lead to a takeover bid.

Ireland, eir

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.