TeleGeography Logo

Telecom to rake it in from liquidated operator

1 Nov 2005

State-run fixed line operator Colombia Telecom will receive COP88.4 billion (USD38.6 million) from the sale of a 55% stake in liquidated telecoms operator Teletuluá Telecom, according to BNamericas. The holder of the other 45%, the municipality of Villa de Céspedes, will receive COP72.3 billion for its stake. The government ordered Teletuluá Telecom to be liquidated in 2003.

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.