TeleGeography Logo

Weather completes Wind deal

15 Aug 2005

The long-running sale saga of Italian telco Wind is finally over, following the completion of the sale of a 62.75% stake in the company by power company Enel. The Orascom Telecom-led Weather Investments consortium has paid USD3.7 billion in cash for the stake and Enel has the option to sell the remaining 37.25% of the telco for USD412 million in the first half of 2006. Other investors in Weather include French group IPE and US tycoon Wilbur Ross.

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.