TeleGeography Logo

MTC secures funding for Celtel deal

25 May 2005

Kuwaiti mobile group MTC-Vodafone has signed a general syndication agreement for a new USD2.4 billion bridge facility which will be used to part-fund its purchase of pan-European wireless group Celtel International. The facility is fully underwritten by Barclays, CSFB, National Bank of Kuwait and UBS. Earlier this month MTC paid an initial USD2.84 billion for 85% of Celtel, with the remaining 15% to be purchased within two years for a further USD520 million.

Kuwait, Zain Kuwait

GlobalComms Database

Want more? Peruse the GlobalComms Database—the most complete source of intel about mobile, fixed broadband, and fixed voice markets.


TeleGeography is the definitive source for telecom news, numbers, and analysis. Explore the full research catalog.