Portugal Telecom and China Unicom eye CTM partnership

21 Dec 2004

Portugal Telecom and China Unicom are in talks to discuss a shared ownership deal that would see the two telcos take control of CTM, Macau’s wireline monopoly operator. Cable & Wireless currently owns 51% of CTM but has said it may sell its stock. Portugal Telecom is keen to increase its ownership in CTM from 28% to 45%, with China Unicom taking the remaining 55%.

China, China Unicom