Telefónica announces USD911 million Brazilian investment

17 Dec 2004

Fernando Xavier, the president of Spanish telecoms giant Telefónica, has announced plans to invest USD911 million in Brazil next year. Mr Xavier said that Telefónica’s mobile operations will account for 60% of the investment, whilst the remaining 40% will be earmarked for fixed line services in the state of São Paulo.

Brazil, Telefonica