A third of homes to have broadband by end-2005

28 Sep 2004

According to a study by Telecom Market, a third of all UK homes will be connected to broadband by the end of 2005. The report claims that there are currently around 5 million broadband subscribers in the country, a figure which is forecast to rise to 8 million in the next year. Around 50,000 new customers sign up to broadband services every week, with 40% of the total subscribers to BT directly. The remaining 60% subscribe to other ISPs which resell BT’s services.

United Kingdom, BT Group (incl. Openreach)