Brasil Telecom to buy 63% of Internet Group

19 May 2004

Brasil Telecom has struck an agreement with shareholders in local internet service provider Internet Group (iG) to purchase 63% of the total shares in the company. The Brazilian telco’s parent, Brasil Telecom Participaçoes already owns 9.45% of iG shares, and the additional purchase will take its ownership of iG to 72.45%.